Category Page: sister
Note that on the category pages, the posts are in chronological order, unlike the rest of the weblog.
Sunday, September 25, 2005
five things my sister misses from her childhood
Sometimes I print out the current page of the tinyblog and send it to my sister (in secluded retreat) in a letter. I did that recently, and one of the posts was my Five Things I Miss From My Childhood meme. So my sister, who surely knows how to play along sent me hers:
5. Selling Kool-Aid from my Radio Flyer red wagon: Basketball playing teenagers get thirsty! and when Mom's buying the Kool-Aid there's no overhead!
4. Diving Boards and Merry-Go-Rounds: Both have fallen prey to lawsuit-land.
3. Skateland!: The circling roar of wheels on the rink. Colored disco-y lights synchronized to 80's hits (before that had become ironically hip), always with the inevitable minor injuries!
2. Tree climbing: Hours in the huge maple in our front yard, sometimes with a popsicle or a book, but more often just way, way up where the slim branches float you on the breeze.
1. sprinkler: Hot, hot days are made tolerable by little icy jets of water that flash-freeze you as you leap!